Sunday, November 28, 2010

I just found Alex eating a...

...rock. Yes, the boy who won't eat mac & cheese, spaghetti, pizza, or any other "normal" kid food was happily crunching away on a rock, face covered in dirt. I have two thoughts about this.

1. Where did the rock come from? He was in the BCA; no rocks there that I'm aware of.
2. Why didn't I have the wherewithal to take a photo before I cleaned his dirt covered face?

On the other hand, I think he is finally on his way to walking. Yesterday, he took 3 unassisted steps to Jess and I've noticed that he's standing on his own quite a bit more the past couple of days which is what Max started doing first too.

Jess and I took the boys to the Desert Botanical Gardens yesterday. I bought a year membership at a 50% discount through Groupon, so we can go through next November (although I doubt we'll be visiting much from April-October!). It was the last weekend of the butterfly pavilion exhibit, which is one of the main reasons I bought the pass. The boys definitely were watching the butterflies fly around, it was pretty cool. They only have Monarchs in the fall and I learned the difference between male/female Monarchs.

We tried to get a photo of the 3 of us in front of the poinsettia tree, but 2X were not cooperating!


Max is getting so big!

I swear that they each have their own chair.

Jess, Alex and the goat

"You see what I have to put up with?" - disgruntled goat

1 comment:

  1. Well, consider it a mineral supplement... are kids like dogs, where there is no accounting for taste? My dog used to eat asphalt, a habit he grew out of.

    At least the teeth will get replaced eventually.

    ReplyDelete